Wednesday 28 January 2015

Coastal Chic


Back in 2010, the Dutch brand Spikers En Spijkers launched their SS11 collection with a nautical theme. I was smitten by some of the pieces there and watched with patience for my favourites to finally go on sale. I was particularly in love with this chic over-sized boat dress and watched it closely in the sales. Eventually one day, it reduced from its £250ish price tag to £27 in a 24 hour flash sale. I knew it was destined to be mine and at the right price. Who cares if it is a few seasons old?




The dress is really light and easy to wear  with a lovely origami style collar that makes it quite special. I like accessorising it with some of my favourite vintage style brooches and a pair of pointy silver pumps. I also dress it down sometimes with a pair of Keds. I'm all for versatile clothing. Besides, with all the warm weather recently, this dress has been an absolute blessing. Isn't it marvellous that we've actually had a summer this year (even it doesn't stay for much longer...) ?


Whilst we were back in Italy (Pizzo), and in between marathon coffee and gelato sessions at Enrico's, Ed took a few outfit shots of me by the Tyrrhenian sea. What better place to model my favourite boat dress?!

Do you stalk sales the way I do too? Or am I the only sales geek out there? ( I hope not ;) ) Ann x


To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .


Coastal Chic
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment