Saturday 31 January 2015

Easy Avocado Ice cream Recipe


A couple of weeks ago I tweeted my desire to make avocado ice-cream with edible flowers. I finally got to make it this week and the result was absolutely divine, even if I say so myself. Here is how I made it.



Ingredients:
4 avocados
300ml whole milk
150g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
Juice of 1 lime or 4 tbsp bottled lime juice

Method:
Chop the avocados and blend them into a fine paste, adding 150 ml milk. In a saucepan add the sugar, lime juice and vanilla pod and bring to a boil. Cool the mixture and remove the vanilla pod. Add the sugar mixture to the avocado puree in a large bowl. Now Add the remaining milk. Freeze the mix in an airtight box. Whisk with a blender or fork every few hours to ensure a smooth consistency and to reduce crystallisation. The ice cream is ready to eat as soon as it is frozen. It takes less than 30 mins to prepare and a few hours to set. Alternatively, use an ice-cream maker for more instantaneous results.

Note: Before you freeze the mixture, taste to see if you are happy with the flavour. Adding some extra lime juice/ sugar mixture increases the depth of flavour and you may choose to do so.



Whilst my original idea was to add chocolate or edible flowers, the ice-cream is best served without anything else.

Let me know how you get on making the ice cream. Ann x
Easy Avocado Ice cream Recipe
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment