Saturday 24 January 2015

Framboise-ish


If there is one thing we have plenty in our garden all summer, it is raspberries. There are only so many raspberries you can eat or jams you can make so I thought I'd play with alcohol. You can do wonderful things with the right spirit and I chose to make my own version of framboise. I like to keep it simple so all I did was dunk a couple of handfuls of fresh, clean raspberries in a jar of basic vodka. The jar was half full of raspberries. I then set this aside in a cool dark place, shaking it every other day. Its a bit like making sloe gin except you add the sugar after some time and after straining the raspberries out. I did this about a month and half later. I added about 4 tbsp of sugar to each jar (do it to your taste). I also added 3 tbsp of glycerin to improve the texture of the liqueur. You store this for another month at least and it should be ready to use. Happy days!

Framboise-ish
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment