Sunday 21 September 2014

Charity Shops: Octavia Brompton Road, London


Now that I've created my blogging to-do list for the next year, I might as well make a start! This is the first of a new series of posts featuring some of the best charity shops around. I'm doing this in an attempt to encourage ethical fashion whilst promoting various charities. To give it a dash of glamour, I'm going to start with a rather fancy one-Octavia Brompton Road. The Octavia Foundation aims to establish strong communities and improve the quality of life people living in Central London. There are numerous Octavia charity shops dotted around London and I've been a few of these. The Brompton Road shop has been newly refurbished and is located in a very exclusive part of London with neighbours including the V&A museum and Harrods.




 The shop has two floors filled with beautiful designer clothes, shoes, jewellery and home artifacts.Unlike some charity shops where items looks tired and poorly presented, everything here is immaculate and well displayed. I spotted Chloe, Zandra Rhodes, Jimmy Choo, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry etc. I fell in love with a pill box hat with coins and pearls sewed on but resisted the urge to buy. I tried on a Herve Leger dress which retails for over a £1000 full price at slightly less pricey £350.

As much as I love Octavia Brompton Road , it is definitely one of the more expensive charity shops I've been to. Some well known brands sell here for more than you would pay in the seasonal sales. However, there were a few brands like Marni and Sergio Rossi which seemed to have not been marked up as much. As with most charity shops and thrift stores, it is all about looking through rails carefully and seeking out little gems.If there is any charity shop where you can definitely find a beautiful piece of high end designer fashion, I think it is here. Ann x




Charity Shops: Octavia Brompton Road, London
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment