Sunday 21 September 2014

Summer Staycation Wishlist


As much as we'd love to, the chances of us having a proper holiday this year are looking unlikely. Whilst that may change, we thought we could just as well make the most of what is nearby. I'm not holding my breath for a warm summer in Edinburgh but perhaps there will be a few warmish days that justify lounging around nearby beaches? I've heard that Portobello beach near Edinburgh is quite lovely and so that may just be where we head to for a few summer day trips.  I was asked to create a mood board for Joules recently and I thought I might as well do that with our impending staycation in mind. In case you were wondering, of course you need a couple of nice things even for a staycation! Here are a few of my favourites...

Pretty flip flops:  I love nautical stripes so the Jenny flip flops (1) are a no-brainer for holiday feet.

The perfect t-shirt: White t-shirts are a summer staple but trust Joules to come up with a version that is just a bit more special. I'll be looking for Vivianne (2) this summer...

A nice bikini: Actually sod bikins, I'd rather have a lovely swimsuit hides my soft centre. Sayler (3) is pretty and it comes with bows! Joules also stock a range of lovely women's bikinis that are worth checking out.

A summery tote: I have far too many canvas totes but they are serve different purposes (in my opinion). I don't have a 'beachy' tote and I really like this number (4)

Driving shoes..a.k.a loafers,  are an essential if you staycation involves daily drives to the beach. Elna (5) is classy and will age well I think

A denim skirt: There is something very summery about a little denim skirt.. and Dani (2) looks like a good one. Wear it on top of you swimsuit and you have a beach to bus-stop outfit

The hat: Can you have too many straw hats? Probably not? I usually source and recycle mine at charity shops but every so often a high street one screams for attention... like Austiwick (7)

Where are you planning your holidays to this year? And is your wardrobe sorted? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter or Facebook.


Summer Staycation Wishlist
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment