Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fashionable Travel Treasures: Cos I Love the Ugandan Bag


I'm liking my travel fashion series. It is making me think about and dig out those little gems in my wardrobe from my many travel adventures. I am a bag lady. Being a bag lady does come with its many conundrums-one of them being the under-use of beautiful bags. My little bag from Uganda is one of those under-used babies. This bag was a gift from my Uncle and Aunt in Uganda whilst we were out there. It is handmade by the local women from locally sourced products. It has a unique shape and it is beautifully made. It is the kind of bag that, with a bit of thought, will take you from a day in the office to drinks at night. You can buy similar bags (with a bit of patience) on eBay and online African stores for less than $50.

I've teamed my lovely Ugandan bag with another favourite from Cos, the yellow straight cut dress. I adore its androgynous cut. The fabric is a lovely and thick and it washed really well. A lot of Cos dresses are trans-seasonal or can become trans-seasonal with clever pairing.

And when I don this outfit, I dream of lush green forests, crossing the equator, perfectly temperate weather, sipping Amarula cocktails and all the loveliness of Uganda.

Have you got an under-used  fashion accessory from your travels too? Ann x

Photography by Edward Chandler



Fashionable Travel Treasures: Cos I Love the Ugandan Bag
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment