Tuesday 30 September 2014

Spring at Hambleton Hall


When I recently wrote about our lovely afternoon at Hambleton Hall, I did mention a follow-up outfit post. Hambleton hall is a special place so I was going to make a little more effort than I normally do for Saturday afternoon shenanigans. Sadly, I felt like my efforts didn't quite live up to the illustrious surroundings and its temporary inhabitants. However (and hence), this is more than just an outfit post.  Pardon the cliche but spring had sprung and the gardens at Hambleton were beautiful and photo-worthy. In contrast to the spring blooms but sympathetic to the majestic stone architecture, I strayed from my signature bright colours to a much more muted look.


The highlight of my ensemble was my beloved Emma Cook printed silk skirt. I'd stalked the skirt for nearly two years until I found it recently via eBay at a tiny fraction of the original price. I believe that when you choose truly special items, they continue to bring joy even if a few seasons old. I've teamed by skirt with a classic black panel top from the Cos sale (highly recommended for classic minimalistic and quality items). And, do you remember my £4.50 charity shop black leather boots? The £600ish outfit ( top, skirt and shoes) was bought for less than a tenth of the retail price and was worn with pride and joy.








Have you found a great bargain recently? Or perhaps assembled an ethically fashioned outfit? I'd love to know. Ann x

Top: Cos, Skirt: Emma Cook, Boots: Clarks: Bag: Michael Kors

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

Photography by Edward Chandler
Spring at Hambleton Hall
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment