Thursday 30 October 2014

Squid Ink Risotto with Roast Vegetables. Caution: Not for the faint-hearted!

 
I really can't remember where or when I got the idea of cooking with squid ink. It was sometime early 2008 and I remember looking for hours in shops and online for a bit of squid ink. I finally bought it off  Rick Stein's website and paid four times the cost of the product for delivery. My first experiment back then went quite well and I served the risotto with some homemade Greek style yogurt and peppers.  Now that we have a lottie and enough veg to feed the city, I decided to cook a simple recipe with an assortment of veg. I must admit that not all offers to cook this at dinner parties were accepted. Shame really as it does have a special flavour. Anyway, here is the recipe. 

Ingredients:
Squid ink
250g risotto ( 4 servings)
2 cups chicken stock-use 1 cube
1 Courgette
1 Aubergine
1/2 Acorn Squash
Onion
3 large tomatoes
Method:
Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan and add the risotto and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the squid ink and continue to fry. Now add stock and stir until the risotto is smooth, creamy and cooked. Meanwhile, chop and season the vegetables and roast them. I like spicing my veg but you can do whatever you like really. Serve the risotto topped with roast veg. Finito!


Squid Ink Risotto with Roast Vegetables. Caution: Not for the faint-hearted!
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment