Tuesday 14 October 2014

Quirky Afternoon Tea for Fashionistas



Some weeks ago my hubby and I were at a BBQ where I met some girls who had just walked in with some pretty goodie bags. The bags were quaint but the cakes and savouries inside looked even more exquisite. I found out that they had been to Afternoon Tea at the Berkeley and had great things to say about the whole deal. My friend Cherie and I were planning a London trip and so I asked her if she fancied doing Fashion Tea instead. Her response was a very enthusiastic yes.
Soon enough we were having Pret a Portea at The Berkeley where Anne Hathaway was also hanging out after the premiere of 'One Day'. The fare included cakes and savouries inspired by the latest catwalk fashion. So I was eating a Miu Miu inspired bikini, Tory Burch bags and Stella McCartney inspired mousse. The selection changes every 6 months in line with the latest catwalk trends. We ate the Spring Summer 2011 collection. The service at the Caramel Room could not be faulted and our  cakes and sandwiches were continuously re-filled. Cherie and I also finished two large pots of tea each plus tried another two. The tea was also fabulous. I had the 'pear caramel' which I highly recommend followed by the 'posh melon' tea. After stuffing our faces for a whole two hours we were given pretty goodies bags to take away. What more could a girl ask for?!


More recently I heard about a similar Afternoon Tea at The Langham. This one is called Stephen Webster Bijoux Tea. As you can expect the theme was fashion and bling and more bling. This has only recently started and is inspired by his latest collection 'Murder She Wrote'. It is  slightly pricier than Pret a Portea at £49 but maybe I'll give it a go one day. Meanwhile I am going to think of ways to use my pretty vintage style cake stand to make some fashion inspired goodies myself. Watch this space! Ann x



Quirky Afternoon Tea for Fashionistas
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment