Tuesday 14 October 2014

Christmas Pudding Style Advent Calendar



My husband and I are chocolate fiends and any excuse to get more of the stuff works. Ed said he'd like an Advent Calendar and I thought why buy when I can make one. I wanted to make something different and Ed suggested a Christmas Pudding theme. I bought 2 felt sets from John Lewis and went about planning the calendar. Unfortunately the felt squares were not big enough for the base of the calendar which meant I had to sew four bits together.

I drew a template of the pudding and numbers (days) and used that to cut the felt to shape. Once you've got all the bits cut out, its really a case of sewing it all together. Once I got to the numbers though I was getting a bit tired of the sewing and decided to use the glue approach instead. I sewed a ribbon border to finish the calendar. The end result is as seen in the photo. A few finishing touches to do but otherwise my pudding calendar is ready! Happy calendar making! Ann x
Christmas Pudding Style Advent Calendar
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment