Friday 31 October 2014

Charity Shop Outfit for a Norfolk Wedding


Ed and I were down in our old home patch of East Anglia to celebrate the wedding of our friends. I was very excited for our friends and their big day, and wanted to make sure I had a fitting outfit for the event.  My initial choice was a Somerset by Alice Temperley dress from the John Lewis summer sale. Then on one of my weekly charity shop trawls around Stockbridge, I found this amazing Missoni dress plonked on a size 16 rail!


I have previously bought things I absolutely love in bigger ( and smaller) sizes before but I wasn't sure a 16 could work. Thankfully, it was actually an Italian 44 which is more a UK 12....the shop assistant wasn't sure about the sizing and summed it was a 16...my lucky day! And....it was £29!!!! I have never been so excited about a dress before! Just another reason why I love charity shopping!


My friend Pip grew up in this idyllic village is rural Nofolk and their wedding was in a little church in Plumstead, opposite the house where they lived. It was a lovely setting but what made it all the more interesting was the Dutch flag flying high in front of the church.  'I wonder what UKIP would make of  this then?' Ed joked. Jerre, our friend the groom, is Dutch and they have a very funky sense of humour!


The wedding was beautiful and our friends looked so happy! A lovely personal wedding in a beautiful surroundings, just the sort of thing I love. The church was quaint and  old worldly...and while it was cloudy and it rained, it simply added to the atmosphere of the place. I know I haven't got a picture of the lovely couple but I'd like to ask their permission (in between their wonderful honeymoon)  first as I avoid personal photos of friends and family unless they want to be featured on the site.


Ed was taken by the painting of St. George in particularly...he reckoned the 'face' bore a remarkable resemblance to Pete Cook ( the priest in Princess Bride)?!



I  loved the little details around the church ( the brass fittings, the stained glass windows) and the wonderfully intricate embroidery on the kneelers...I love all things that have a bit of 'soul'.



Have you been to Norfolk? It is a lovely place with lots of history, beautiful beaches, great countryside and friendly folk...well worth a visit! Ann x

Wearing: Missoni dress, vintage Roger Vivier shoes, Isabel Marant cocktail jacket, Louis Vuitton purse and ASOS necklace.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.


Charity Shop Outfit for a Norfolk Wedding
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment