Thursday 30 October 2014

DIY Sparkly Keds


I am terrible at wearing weather/activity appropriate footwear. This morning, for example, I walked across a muddy pumpkin farm in my leopard flats. I don't need to tell you what those dainty shoes look like right now. I will of course rescue them but that isn't the point. I do this all the time and don't engage brain with shoes, to my own despair. My trusty old Keds have suffered in a similar fashion. They've come with me on so many of my travels over the years but have also survived many an inappropriate walk to the allotment. I finally decided to treat them with the respect they deserve.

This is quite possibly one of the easiest of easy DIYs on my blog. This is what I did:
  1. Machine wash the shoes. You can do this with Converse's too.
  2. Let them dry out well. This could take a couple of days at least, in this weather.
  3. Plan your up-cycled shoe design.
  4. Use glitter glue and a paint brush to apply sparkle to your shoes. This can be done just the way I recommended in my DIY Almost Choos post.
  5. Apply at least two coats.
  6. Let them dry out properly.
  7. Sparkle while you walk in comfort.

Have you been up to any DIY projects of late? And, would you add a little sparkle to your trainers too? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

DIY Sparkly Keds
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment