Thursday 23 October 2014

Museum of Modern Art, Edinburgh

Edinburgh Fashion and Lifestyle Blog


Edinburgh balances the old and the new, the edgy and the classic with such elegant ease. Case in point are the Galleries of Modern Art 1 and 2 in the West End. The galleries are family and fitness-folk friendly too, by virtue of the vast expanse of surrounding gardens and well stocked cafes. The  'Landform' by Charles Jencks draws you in while an anonymous 'There will be no miracles here' installation managed your expectations. I loved it even before I set foot inside the first building!




As with all modern art, the works are not necessarily to everyone's taste. However, I was surpassed by how clever and off-the-wall a lot of the pieces were. The installations ranged from room high looms, painted frescos, an entire native American village to more 'standard' abstract paintings and edited movie clips. The only bit I found distasteful was the 'breathing experiment' but even that made me think....which I think is what modern art is all about.




The Modern Art Galleries 1 and 2 are opposite each other and well worth spending entire day at. Take a picnic lunch or fill up at the cafe, and allow your mind to be blown away by local creatives.


I loved the outside so much that I had to do the blogger thing and take outfit shots. I thought I was suitably dressed for a day perused modern art....wearing my 'oh-so-now' Etre Cecile t-shirt with my favourite quirky taxi shoes from Kate Spade!



I highly recommend a visit to Edinburgh's modern art galleries, yet another place often overlooked by the tourists but with so much to offer.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Ann x

Wearing: MuuBaa leather jacket, Etre Cecile t-shirt, Bimba and Lola perforated skirt, Kate Spade taxi shoes and Longchamp neo bag.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.
Museum of Modern Art, Edinburgh
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment