Monday 27 October 2014

Fashionable Travel Treasures: White Summer Dresses

 

I'm sat in my floaty white cotton summer dress, not complaining about the sweltering heat, because I am grateful. After the long lack of summer, the sunshine makes for a pleasant change. Summer days call for floaty, dainty, light cotton dresses. They complement the sunshine whilst allowing your skin to breathe. And they make you feel fabulous. Over the years, I've picked out a few unique and precious white dresses. But perhaps my favourite summer dress was from a tiny little shop run by a Tamilian in Singapore's Chinatown. A rather cosmopolitan dress I suppose!


The dress cost me 10 Singapore Dollars and has survived a multitude of adventures over the years. It has beautiful french knot rose embroidery in a lovely shade of peach. When I was little, my mother embroidered my little dresses using the very same style so there is something nostalgic about this dress. It is of a simple peasant style that adds to its charm. And, I may have said this before, it is my happy dress and makes me feel fab.

 

I style the dress with a pair of pastel heels and a Longchamp Le Pliage tote if I am headed to anything work related. On the other hand, if I am lounging around making the most of summer, you will find me wearing it with a straw hat and a pair of simple yet elegant strappy sandals. Toes painted in summery shades are also mandatory. If the weather is looking unpredictable, a vintage tan leather jacket is a handy accessory. Somehow, wearing this dress is usually accompanied by a feast of fresh strawberries, either from out allotment or from a local market.


What are your favourite summer styles? I'm all ears for style inspiration. Ann x




To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

Photography by Edward Chandler
 
Fashionable Travel Treasures: White Summer Dresses
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment