Saturday 29 November 2014

How to knit a chunky two toned scarf


In keeping with my winter bucket list, I've been trying to make homemade presents whenever I can. So for my mother-in-law's birthday, I decided to make her a chunky handmade rowan scarf. I found knitting with chunky rowan slightly harder ( as compared to a synthetic mix) due to the fibrous nature of the wool. However, after a few rounds, I seemed to get the hang of it. This scarf is really easy to make and only uses the basic knit stitch. Its beauty solely lies in the quality and colours of the rowan wool. Here is what I did...


You will need:
  • 3 balls of rowan drift merino wool in two colours, 100g per ball
  • size 10 knitting needles
  • an endless amount of patience
Method:
Cast on 28,  and knit 28 per row until you finish the balls of wool (approximately 125 rows in total). To join a new colour, make sure you start at the top of the row for uniformity. Cast off and sew in loose ends.

And that is it! This is a great project for a first time knitter and will help you build confidence. I somehow seem to be stuck on scarves and am currently working on two more woolly presents! Hope you are having a lovely week and if you aren't, its Friday tomorrow!! Ann x  


To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter or Facebook.

How to knit a chunky two toned scarf
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment