Friday 14 November 2014

Marais and Masquerade


 I'd never really explored Le Marais in my previous visits to Paris. I decided this time would be different. There was much so much to see and do in this historic Parisian district (the Jewish quarters, Place des Vosges, vintage and antique shops etc) and I was keen we take in as much as we could. We started our exploration near St. Paul's working our way towards Bastille and onwards. Our first stop was for some cake in one of the area's many patisseries before wandering in for a quiet moment at St. Paul's.

 

The doors of St.Paul's church are majestic and formed the perfect backdrop for an impromptu outfit shot. I was wearing a favourite buy in recent days, Jennifer Loiselle's Eye Drop earrings from her Masquerade collection. If you haven't checked out her site yet, you must do now as its fabulous, quirky and original.  After a few quick photos, we set off towards Bastille when it suddenly felt homely and familiar: it began to pour with a ferocity I've only seen in India and a cold wetness I've only experienced in England! Needless to day we were soaked to the bone ( despite our brollies) in minutes and sought refuge in little pharmacies and vintage shops along the way.
 

That was no bad thing either. Firstly, I discovered the only other pharmacy (on the same road as Bastille metro station) that compared to City Pharma in its offers and choice of products. Secondly, I discovered a great vintage shop near the synagogue. I'm kicking myself for not remembering the name but I think it could have been Sisi's? They stocked Hermes silk scarves, Dior, Louboutin Gucci and Chanel shoes, lovely clothes from Claudie Pierlot, A.P.C etc. I bravely said 'no' to a beautiful pair of white Chanel shoes which were a perfect fit and a ridiculous bargain ; it broke my little heart but I knew it would kill my feet if my bought them.
 

Whilst our adventures in Le Marais weren't quite what we'd expected (and besides being terribly cold, wet and leaving without a piece of Chanel), we had lovely evening exploring this great Parisian neighbourhood.

Have you been to Le Marais? What are your favourite historic haunts? Ann x


Wearing Diego Reiga shirt, Zara tube dress, vintage Silk Scarf, Jennifer Loiselle at Boticca Masquerade earrings, Mulberry Alexa Satchel, Geox respira court shoes

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Photography by Edward Chandler


Marais and Masquerade
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment