Thursday 27 November 2014

Charity Shops: St Barnabas Hospice Lincoln High Street



I'd had a rough week with one thing after another going wrong. Just as I was earnestly hoping for a wave of positivity to wash the bad taste of the week away, I passed by the St Barnabas Hospice Charity Shop*-The Attic. I could sense Ed's relief after several hours of patient tolerance of my grumpiness. In my experience, Charity shops (good ones) are the best antidote to misery. This one made me smile as soon as I walked in. The first item I spotted was a vintage Hermes Silk Scarf. The price was too good to be true and so I checked with the lady managing the store regarding the authenticity of the scarf.  She confirmed that the person that dropped it off verified it as being the deal deal. Wonderful!



I wandered round the store exploring its many vintage books, clothes, brooches, hats. etc. The shop has two floors full of quirky one-off pieces of fashion and art. Compared to similar shops in London, the prices were so much more reasonable. I picked up some gorgeous vintage brooches for a couple of quid each and a boxed YSL silk scarf for £10! I am totally smitten by this little charity shop and cannot wait to visit again soon. This is the place to go in Lincolnshire if you are on the look-out for unique vintage fashion items at very reasonable prices. If you would like to be kept into loop about the happenings at the shop, check out the shop's blog managed by its lovely Asst. Manager Rachel. Do you know of any other wonderful charity shops in Lincolnshire? Ann x

*St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice is an independent hospice, committed to providing the highest standard of medical and nursing care for patients living with a life threatening illness





Charity Shops: St Barnabas Hospice Lincoln High Street
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment