Saturday 29 November 2014

DIY Scarf Watch


 You probably know that I am a sale stalker. A Moschino scarf watch recently caught my eye. It was 50% off  in the sale at £60. Rather than succumbing to yet another purchase, I figured I could find a way of making my own version and hopefully one the was more versatile as a result. Here is how I went about it.

You will need
  •  A scarf, preferably smallish and not too delicate. I chose a £1 vintage scarf from our local Sue Ryder shop
  • A watch, preferably one that has a strap that is easy to un-hinge. I chose this lovely Mango watch that I bought a few years ago.
  • A pair of pliers
  • Some measure of patience.


Method:

Un-hinge the watch strap using jewellery making pliers. Roll the scarf and thread it through the watch loops. This was harder than I thought as some of my scarves were either too big or the material was not fine enough to loop through the watch. Even my vintage square scarf needed a fair enough of pulling to get it through the watch. This also depends on the spacing within your watch loops. 

Once you've looped through the scarf, tie the scarf around your wrist and bingo! Hopefully the pictures below are self-explanatory. So easy and it saved me £60 :)

I'd love to know if you gave this project a go too. Ann x
 

 

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook
DIY Scarf Watch
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment