Thursday 27 November 2014

London Fashion Week AW13: Haizhen Wang

 

Haizhen Wang's was the last show of LFW AW13. Considering it was my first LFW season, I'd done pretty well with shows to the point where the much anticipated Emilio De Morena show failed to move me. It is amazing how quickly one can get blasé about these things. The long queueing in the cold and dark for Haizhen Wang ( it was a 6pm show that got delayed) was starting to get to me. However, as soon as the show began, I was completely won over by his fantastic collection.

Haizhen Wang was a newcomer to the main scene at LFW. He won Fashion Fringe last year and there was much excitement over his debut collection. That excitement was well justified. The designs were futuristic, well tailored and like a cross between Margiela, Balenciaga and Acne. I was completely wowed by both the show and the collection. Despite starting to feel slightly jaded by Day 5, the creative genius that was displayed at the final show enthused me all over again.

Do you like the collection as much as I do? Ann x 


P.S. All photos via Vogue Online

London Fashion Week AW13: Haizhen Wang
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment