Sunday 28 December 2014

Matcha Bubble Tea!


Back in May, I lost my bubble tea virginity at Bubbleology in Harvey Nic's, Knightsbridge.  I have since then wanted to recreate that quirky drink at home. In case you were wondering, Bubble/Boba tea is a South-East Asian food trend that is now the rage in London too. A fortuitous visit to a Chinese shop in Cambridge helped me acquire a whole bag of tapioca perals for very little. All I had to do was now mix it to my daily morning matcha routine. Here is how you make one yourself.


Serves 2
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Tapioca pearls 
2 teaspoons matcha
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp milk

Boba/Bubbles:
Cook the tapioca pearls for about 5 minutes in boiling water till they are soft and have a glazed surface. Set aside.

Match:
Whisk the matcha, honey and milk together into a smooth paste and add boiling water.

Now add the tapioca pearls to the matcha, dividing it equally between two glasses. Serve!


You can make all sorts of tea with boba/tapioca pearls. Another favourite of mine is the taro version. You also serve bubble tea cold. Its lots of fun and the chewy 'bubbles' add another interesting dimension to most drinks.
Will you give it bubble tea a go too? Ann x
To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Matcha Bubble Tea!
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment