Wednesday 24 December 2014

Hay Bales and Breton Stripes


Recent travels up and down the east coast, passing through beautiful countryside, have been rather inspiring. I've always loved the sight of wheat fields; the vast golden stretches of aesthetically pleasing harvest-ready crops fill me with warm happy feeling. End of season hay bales, beautifully dotted across the fields with geometric precision, are one my favourite sights. You probably think I'm barking mad but I do find great beauty in these seemingly mundane arrangements. So much so, I even drew fashion inspiration out of them.


My Cos Breton stop, a summer sale acquisition from one my favorite brands, exemplified French (and English) country style with its comfy fit and brown sleeves. I teamed with my hay coloured corduroy skirt to further develop the theme. The Cos top seem rather generously sized ( I wore a small and it was a very loose fit) and so I sought inspiration from Japanese fashion via an Obi belt that complemented this inspired theme in both style and composition. A Lonchamp tote ( an absolute savior for carrying life around in English weather) and some funky brogues were all I need to complete the look.

 
Ed and I were going about our usual ( and often well planned) weekend routines when we passed by these beautiful wheat fields just outside Peterborough. I was terribly excited at the prospect of an outfit with these beautiful countryside blobs that have so strangely inspired me of late. Thankfully, we didn't have any farmers objecting to a bit of traipsing around their end of season fields!




Have you been similarly inspired of late? Or am I the only strange one that seems to be excited about silly little things? Do let me know ;) Ann x


Wearing Cos knit top, Joules skirt, Asos Obi belt, Chocolat D'or shoes via Yoox.com, Longchamp Le Pliage Aquamarine tote bag and Givenchy sunglasses

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Photography by Edward Chandler

Hay Bales and Breton Stripes
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment