Sunday 14 December 2014

The Witchery, Edinburgh

Fashion Blog Edinburgh

As a nice little surprise ahead of the Tattoo, Ed booked us in for a meal at The Witchery in Old Town. It's been on our to-do list for a long while and Ed had to book months in advance due to high demand over the festival season. Although the building itself dates back to the 16th century, The Witchery was established in 1979 and mixes a modern eclectic menu amidst luxurious old world charm.  


The menu ranges from set lunches and pre-theatre menus for about £18pp all the way up to £6000 bottles of vino. We had a 6PM reservation and so the pre-theatre menu worked out quite well. The food was well presented, tasty but not mind-blowing. I think its ambience you pay for....and the excellent service. That said, joking about the petulance of Prosecco may not have gone down too well with their in-house sommelier...I need to be less irreverent sometimes!




A final note about my outfit....would you believe I bought my Louboutins, almost new and 100% genuine from a Stockbridge charity shop!! Admittedly I would have picked up similarly priced pair on Vestiare or even eBay but buying a truly special item from a charity shop makes me incredibly happy!


Hope you all had a lovely weekend and a fabulous week ahead! Ann x

Wearing: Theory blazer, ASOS shirt, Joseph leather trousers, Christian Louboutin Gressimo heels, Louis Vuitton purse and Tibetan money purse (bought years ago in Nepal)

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

The Witchery, Edinburgh
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment