Monday 22 December 2014

Celebrating British & Quirky


July has been a great month by British standards. Firstly, we've had the most glorious weather (we will not complain about the heat!). Glorious weather also means an abundance of summertime bounty; all kinds of wonderful fruit and berries (unlike last year where our strawberry patch was drowned out). Then, we witnessed the action-packed sessions at Wimbledon and the Henley Regatta followed by the first British victory at Wimbledon in 70 years. To coincide with all this, my friend Shan gifted me a fabulous Union Jack sequined clutch for my birthday. It was as if the stars were beckoning me to write about about all things wonderfully British.



For me, the highlights of July included my first trip to Wimbledon (long hours of queuing after work on Day 1), truly indulging in summertime fashion (something I'd almost forgotten), making classic English desserts with a twist (Rhubarb Eton Mess with Edible Flowers) and shed loads of jam, making the most of the long daylight and lovely weekends with family and friends, spending time on our less than glorious allotment, wonderful fog-less views of London from my desk whilst down there and last but not the least, making the most of the best clothes dryer in the world-fresh air! I cannot describe how happy I am when I am able to do a pile of washing and then watch it air outside and dry almost instantly!


I've packed and vacuum bagged my winter wardrobe (jumpers included) and am feeling really good about it. My outfits of choice for this season include white cotton and linen dresses, mini maxi dresses and pretty sandals. I am particularly chuffed with my linen dress from Comptoirs Des Cotonniers via the trusty vente-privee.com; it is just right for long hot days at work or play. I'm also pleased to have brought out my little Manolo Blahniks (thrifted via eBay on a dark winter's day). Now don't quote me on this but apparently Carrie Bradshaw wore this same style of Manolos in the first season of Sex and the City.

Anyway, I'll love you and leave you with some of my views our own City on a gorgeous summers day. What have you enjoyed doing most this month? I'm all ears. Ann x

Wearing: Joules silk scarf as headband, Comptoirs Des Cotonniers dress, Moschino shades, Manolo Blahnik , Next clutch


To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

Celebrating British & Quirky
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment