Friday 5 December 2014

Sunny Days and Afternoon Tea in Bourne


A couple of weeks ago, Ed and I decided to use one of our Christmas presents. It was a voucher for afternoon tea and we chose to visit the Toft Hotel just outside Bourne. I used to work in a construction site around Bourne a few years ago and have fond memories of the place. It has some great charity shops, pubs and historic places. It also has some beautiful countryside that is worth exploring.



I'd never been to or heard of the Toft hotel and its afternoon tea before. And I wasn't sure about what to expect. We were both pleasantly surprised. It is lovely hotel housed in a pretty building and surrounded by gardens, the golf course and rolling hills. The interiors were pretty and English kitsch.



The afternoon tea was nice too. We were presented with generous selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones. I like my teas and they stocked a lovely selection of Suki teas which was a pleasant surprise. Ed's coffee was pretty good too. The service was pleasant and efficient. The sun was shining we chose to eat in the garden to make the most of the glorious weather.


The afternoon tea outing was as good an excuse as any to wear one of my latest summer finds from Butterfly. The delicate Havren blush lace dress was so English and summery that I easily succumbed to it. I teamed it with nude heels from M&S and a Marc Jacobs Baby Stam bag.


Anyway, If you are looking for a spot of afternoon tea in the Peterborough/Lincolshire area, I recommend checking out the Toft Hotel. Are there any other good afternoon tea locations you would recommend? Ann x




 


To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Photography by Edward Chandler
Sunny Days and Afternoon Tea in Bourne
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment